My firstborn

17:49:00

No, don't be alarmed, I didn't have a baby, but I received a gift from my mother that is on a level with having the first child to me! Monkey and I had been looking for a hand mixer to make our cakes with, but we didn't quite expect to be getting this monster machine!

My mother has treated us to the Kenwood KM030 Titanium Chef Timer Mixer. Its INCREDIBLE. I'll start by saying that actually, all my life I lusted after a Kitchen Aid, and they are truly beautiful and iconic. However, being realistic, all the Kitchen Aid does is mix, it does not liquidise or process food so you need extra gadgets for that. And the Kitchen Aids are never as powerful as their Kenwood counterparts. And now I own my Kenwood, I appreciate it VERY much. I'm really impressed by its footprint actually, we only have a small kitchen and it doesn't take up as much room as I expected it to.

My mother came to Watford at the start of the month for a few days but it became clear that the mixer's box was far, far to big and heavy to walk home with, so she paid in store and they delivered it on Monday evening just gone. The box was MASSIVE:
Photobucket
Photobucket
(the sheer size of the box has been demonstrated here by Monkey's hand!)
Photobucket
Here is the mixer on our dining table. You can tell it to mix things for a set period of time and it will! It also counts how long you've been mixing something as well which is useful.
Photobucket
An up close shot!
Photobucket
It came with a really heavy glass liquidiser and a food processor with loads of blade attachments free! There's 4 different places you can plug various attachments into, like ice cream-makers, mills that can grind coffee, mincers, paster makers, its a pretty endless list. You can even buy an attachment that will sift your flour for you. How lazy do you need to be?!
Photobucket
I also got a balloon whisk, a flexi-beater, a K beater and a dough hook for all my mixing needs.

This answers all my kitchen gadget prayers really, couldn't be more pleased with a kitchen gadget if I tried!

You Might Also Like

0 comments