Beauty: Beauty Week Day 1 - Buyapowa mini-haul

15:30:00

Seeing as I've been so absent recently and also seeing as I've got quite a lot to blog about, I thought I'd mark this week as Beauty Week and attempt to do a beauty post every day. My beauty posts undoubtedly get the most views and whilst I do still love crafting and cooking and baking, everything else has taken a back seat for me recently.

Today I want to show you a couple of items I bought this month through BuyaPowa. BuyaPowa have sales on of various items, the majority are beauty products but watches and even cars have been featured sales! They source a set amount of an item, say 50, and as more people sign up to buy the product, the price drops. The items go on sale for a set time, or until they are sold out, whichever happens first and the price you pay is the price the item is on at the time it closes. You can also refer people to a sale and if you refer the most people in the fastest time, you get the item for free. The website explains it a lot better than I do, so go take a look.

I've bought a total of three items through BuyaPowa but one was so recent I haven't received it yet so I'm going to talk about the other two, the infamous Urban Decay Naked palette and two Macadamia Hair products.


Photobucket


Not much needs to be said about the Urban Decay Naked Palette, its a cult product and I can completely see why. The strokeable velvet box it comes in, the eyeshadow brush which feels lovely, the free sample of their eye primer, the amazing colours in the pans, the excellent names of the pans, oh I could go on. But I won't, because this is probably one of the most blogged about products on the internets and I will only be repeating what everyone else is saying. I will definitely get heaps and heaps of use out of this as its so appealing for every day make up. I will blatantly be tracking down the Naked 2 palette in no time! Here's a shot of the eyeshadow pans and their fabulous names:


Photobucket


Gunmetal is the only shades which doesn't appeal to me because it seems to be quite a blue-grey colour and with bright blue eyes like mine, this won't really go with them. But hey, one shadow I can't use out of 12 isn't bad at all!

The second product I bought almost at the same time as the UD palette was the Macadamia healing oil spray and the nourishing leave-in cream. The world has gone mad for hair oils and products for hair with natural healing oils in them, and having tried a few I can completely see why. I'm a big fan of using oil on my face, I have no idea why it took me so long to realise it would be just as good on my hair!


Photobucket


I'm really glad I opted for a spray rather than getting a pump action bottle as clearly a little goes a long way with this product and it'd be very easy to overdo it I'm sure. I love the spray, I adore the smell which is really different, quite masculine in fact in my humble opinion! I've used the spray both on damp hair before blow-drying and then a teeny tiny spritz on dry hair to finish my look, keep my flyaways at bay and keep my rather dry ends a bit more nourished. Its really great and helps your hair be soft and shiny and look really healthy. The leave-in cream I probably like ever so slightly less, however it does still do a great job at leaving my hair soft and smooth. I think when it comes to re-purchasing I'll probably just opt for the oil spray, but this BuyaPowa purchase was a duo. Macadamia products are a little bit cheaper than the MoroccanOil products (which I also love but don't own any of) but just as effective in my mind and I would urge you all to try them if you get a chance to!

Do any of you get items from BuyaPowa? Have you got either of these products?

Don't forget to pop back tomorrow to check out Day 2's post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments